Why am I doing this?

Thursday, August 14, 2008

This and that:

Dillon had a run in with a curb yesterday. We started out for a walk and he started to run and ate it. Of course he had to kiss the curb. You should see him. I really might have DFS show up at my house now. He has a bloody fat lip, a goose egg on his head and a few scratches! Can you say bar fight?

Since I am preparing to go back to work, I have been thinking about my maternity leave. I learned some things about myself on my time off. I have never spent so much time alone as I did on leave. This taught me a lot. I was never an "alone" person. I still love being around people, but I can be alone now and not worry about it or think I need to be doing something else. I also learned, again, how much you go on the back burner when you have a baby. It truly makes you a different person. I never thought I was a selfish person till I had children. I now live for only them at times and you know what? That is ok. It is a scary feeling, but a good feeling. I have learned that it does not matter if you are tired - you have to suck it up and go on. It may suck, but there is no other choice. So it is really not a lie when you hear that parenthood is very hard, but very worth it!!

2 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger Suspended Animation said...

At least the van is red -- that means it is fast.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger bonnie said...

bar fight association? I guess it's never to young to start comparing, that way when he is older you'll be prepared.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home