Why am I doing this?

Friday, January 23, 2009

I want to be a therapist!

As many of you know, this is what I went to graduate school for. I am currently not practicing, but am starting to get the itch to do so again. I would really like to do some therapy on the side. I am thinking of incorporating the talk portion of the therapy into some sort of exercise. Why you may ask? When I was training for the marathon I never completed, some of the best conversations I had (and the most therapeutic) were while I was running. There is something cleansing about exercise so it seems like a good fit. And a lot of people talk about wanting/needing to lose weight in counseling sessions.

What do you think? Am I on to something? Would you do it?

4 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger RockDoc said...

who will be your therapist? I would recommend myself.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

therapist or drinking buddy?

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger RockDoc said...

wait, I thought those were the same...drunken dr goes along w/ that;-)

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Healthy body = healthy mind!
All you need now is a very clever way to market and convince people to pay you for your services.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home