Why am I doing this?

Monday, February 19, 2007

Getting back on track:

Last week I went to DC for work. The weather there was terrible. Of course, the day we went to Capitol Hill it sleeted. The sleet that collected on the ground was a weird consistency. Anyway, made it back Thursday night, late. Some of the people from Missouri that went did not make it back. They were on US Airways and all the flight to KC were cancelled. Suck!

So I did not run for a week. I did walk a ton though, so I decided to do my long run yesterday. I made it a hour and twenty minutes. What I won't do is tell you how many miles I ran in that time period. Needless to say, I was VERY disappointed. Oh well, I just want to finish, right? I am getting discouraged.

Anyhoo, I am happy to be home with my family again. I sure missed them while I was gone.

1 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Blogger Suspended Animation said...

Alicia!!
One hour and 20 minutes is a long time to run -- WAY TO GO!
The weather certainly has not been cooperating but obviously this week is going to be great.
I have yet to sign up for St. Louis but I plan to run the 1/2. I'm glad you are still on track we are 8 weeks out which means plenty of time for training. Do you want a link to the 6 week Hal Higdon training plan -- I have followed it in the past with much success. I think you are already in the last week of training with an hour and 20 minutes for your long run.
Glad you made it home from DC safely.
Talk to you soon.
Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home