Why am I doing this?

Saturday, January 14, 2006

It's always best to start at the beginning

Especially when you haven't ran FOREVER and a day. I ran today. Don't excited, (like you would), it was nothing big, but I have to start somewhere. I ran about 20 minutes and walked about 15 more. I am trying something new a friend convinced me to try. I have always liked Jeff Galloway's running methods, but have never tried the run/walk method. With this plan, you run 5 minutes and walk 1 minute over and over, for the entire distance. I have heard good things about this method, including marathon times being lower A LOT. I think this is the way I need to go to get in shape. Plus, Galloway swears it is the best way to burn fat. Makes sense to me. I don't know a ton about fitness, just enough to be dangerous. Anyway, even though it hurt to run today, I felt alive again. I have missed that feeling. There is something about exercise pain that is pure and helps you understand yourself. Those of you that know that pain, know what I am talking about.

1 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Blogger Suspended Animation said...

Alicia:
The last 3 1/2 marathons I have run I have WALKED through the water stations. My times are better and I stay hydrated. I took that from a Jeff Galloway article somewhere along the way.
Twenty minutes is a long time to run when you haven't been running.
Good Job!
Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home