Why am I doing this?

Monday, July 06, 2009

Things that make you go, Hmmm.

A nice old school reference for you all!! ;-)

Brodie had his well check last Wednesday. It was not enjoyable at all! He is back on breathing treatments do to a wheeze. The Dr is thinking it may be due to allergies, so we are giving him allergy medicine. He had his ears irrigated. No ear infection!!! Shots...got raked over the coals a little for not giving him the chicken pox vaccine - mostly by a nurse we don't normally see. To top it all off...he had to give blood for a lead test. SWEET times!! Kid always has been and still is a trooper!

So once again, here is my rant. I looked up his growth percentages based on the charts this morning. He is in like the 95% for height and head circumference, but around the 5-10% for his weight!! Have you seen my boy? He is not skinny by any means. (For the record, the Dr was not worried.) Maybe this is what is wrong with the world's weight problem, to be "normal" weight as a baby, one has to be huge!! Seriously!

Sigh...anyway, beyond the breathing treatments he is happy and healthy!!!

3 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger joe jack talcum said...

I agree. Somebody has to be in the 5-10 percentile, or there wouldn't be one... it seems that kids (like adults) come in all shapes and sizes!

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger joe jack talcum said...

I also don't understand what the big deal about the chicken pox vaccine is.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

I did not get it for Dillon and we decided not to for Brodie either. The bad thing is, if they don't get it before school, they will have to have it then. We also don't do flu shots. I guess "free will" is going out the door.

It is just amazing to me that my little chunk is on the very low end of the chart. And we wonder why we have weight issues in this country. Thank heavens I have a cool Doc!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home