Why am I doing this?

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Throwing in the Towel

I have given up on running the 1/2 marathon in April. My heart was there, but my body is not. You see, I am being taught lessons all the time by my body. They usually have to do with control. I try to stay in control and tell my body it will do what I want it to. I am learning that is bad, especially with a chronic illness. Krista is still planning to run it and I am so proud of her for her training. You see, this is her first one. It takes a lot to train for something like this-especially when you've never done it before. People are already telling me, "Well at least you tried." Not a good thing to say to me-I don't try things, I do things. (Maybe this is too much insight to my crazy mind!)

I miss running long distances. Running is one of the only times I think of nothing. I have one of those brains that is constantly going. When I run, it is blank. My friend Leslie would tell me to do Yoga. I miss Yoga. She turned me on to it and it helped me physically and mentally. The problem is we changed gyms and Yoga at our new gym costs extra and is at a bad time.

Thought of the day: As soon as I put my child in my car, all other cars are out to get me!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home