Why am I doing this?

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Made it just a little further!

I suited up this morning to attempt my long run for the week. Man was it cold! I headed west first b/c the wind was blowing hard from that direction. I did something I had always dreaded I would do. I got out too far before turning around. Needless to say, I was pooped and it was slow going for last 30 minutes. I made it 8.35 miles. I ran for a while on the MKT and who did I see riding his bike? Nate Means Crazy boy! Hopefully he did not realize how bad I was dying.

On another note, Jason let me wear his Garmin Forerunner 205. It was awesome and a little sucky to see how fast I was going and my mileage.

On one other note, my husband is a piece of work!

2 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Suspended Animation said...

Alicia!!
Way to go.
We ran today, 18 degrees and 8 degree wind chill, good times. :)
I have a garmin and I really enjoy it -- love to beat myself up when I look at my pace.
If the wind will stop I am getting psyched about St. Louis.
Keep working at it!
Karen

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger RockDoc said...

someone figured out how to use the links...I like the change. Oh yeah, I only have time now days to bash other people's blog, rather than working on my own...miss you guys. That is awesome that you are rocking out the runs; maybe you should call my wife and motivate her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home