Why am I doing this?

Thursday, September 20, 2007

For the past few days, I have been in Portland, Oregon for a conference. I have to say it is beautiful landscape, but a very weird town. When I say that, I really can’t explain it to you – it is just weird. Maybe it is because it is not home. I really am anxious to get home. I feel like I have been gone about 2 weeks. I miss my boys! I hate being away from them.

I did get to people watch a lot at the airports. (We had a lay over each way.) Seems to me, people appear to very unhappy for the most part. I really do not get it. I saw so many people and occasionally spoke to them (you know me) and they seem like they really hate life. Very sad indeed. Don’t get me wrong, I have bad days, but for the most part, I REALLY like my life.

We are flying to New Mexico and then to STL. Looking out the window is awesome. It is so pretty. I understand why Jason likes this part of the country so much.

I don’t think I will do into major details about my trip. For the most part, it was really boring. Nothing big happened. Traveling always makes me appreciate home even more. Hopefully, I am done traveling for a bit and I can get back into more family time and workout time. (I need workout time after this trip! The food was great!)

(PS – I wrote this on the plane b/c one can only play so much solitaire before they go insane!)

3 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger S. Smith said...

I had a job offer that would have doubled my current salary, but would have required 25 %traveling. No thanks--I think that's why people look so bummed in airports. Its a tough life.

You all want to get together this weekend some time?

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

That would be fun!! Call or me us.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger bonnie said...

I cannot understand how people live being so miserable and unhappy. You'd think they would want to change something. I am finally in a place now where I appreciate it all and love my life. It's such a nice feeling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home