Why am I doing this?

Monday, November 12, 2007

Is it a man thing or a two-year old thing?

My son does not listen. Not at all! Am I being clear? If his life depended on listening, he still would not do it. I am trying to decide if it is a man thing or just a two-year old thing. Everyone tells me, oh he is just two, don't worry about it. I think those people are crazy! For one, most of them don't have kids or they have babies that cannot talk yet. Don't get me wrong, I love Dillon - I really would not want him any other way. Everyday it is a new challenge. Again, something they don't tell you before you have a child.

This weekend Dillon and I were alone for most of it. Dillon and I went to KC Friday night and met my mom there. I had to work Saturday morning and Jason went with a group to ride. He was gone till 7:30 Saturday night, so we did not see too much of him. Curt and Krista were here Friday and Saturday, so they helped me with Dillon at dinner Saturday night (so I could eat too). Sunday brought church, the grocery store, naps, and the mall. So much for our weekend! I hate that.

2 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Blogger bonnie said...

I don't know anything about 2 year olds, but men listen - just whenever and to whatever they want to.

Miss ya, girl!

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Suspended Animation said...

Alicia:
He is 2 and he listens like a 2 year old. Something I was told is to start a statement with positive words not "Don't go outside, stop eating the newspaper, No more cookies" Apparently kids never ever hear the first word you say. So you just told Dillon "go outside, eat the newspaper and more cookies!!!" for me it was difficult to think of positive statements but it did seem to improve my conversations with the kids. :)
PS I'm sure Dillon has never tried to eat the newspaper.
PPS This tactic also works pretty well on men. :)

Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home