Why am I doing this?

Thursday, November 27, 2008

As promised -

Here is my story I have been meaning to tell for a few weeks. I had to go to STL for work a few weeks ago. I met a co-worker in Kingdom City and rode with her. When we got back to my car later that afternoon, my battery was dead. I guess I left my lights on. Like any good boy scout, neither one of us had jumper cables. I went into the McDonald's to ask the workers. I asked the first lady I saw - she was cleaning up the dinning room. She told me she had some and then grilled if I was a customer. I told her I was not planning to eat that day, but if it was deal breaker, I would buy something. I assured her I had a 3 year old and we frequented McDonald's. To move on, she got the cables, we jumped my car, and I took them in to her. I thanked her and was ready to walk away when she asked of she could share something with me. Not being rude, I agreed. She proceeded to tell me that cremation was bad - it hurt and I should in no way, ever consider it. Human bodies were not meant for cremation and it was painful. Please don't do it. I just smiled, thanked her again and walked away. Obviously there are religious view behind this, but seriously! Why would she not be worried about my soul and just the vessel? I am not too hip on cremation, but I am not sure it matters what happens to my body once I am dead. I mean I am no longer there! Anyway, I know some religions have very strong views on this. Just an interesting story!!

I saw Twilight last night. While it was lacking in places, I am totally smitten with Edward!! Too bad stuff like that does not exist in real life!!

3 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger RockDoc said...

I am going to trade my body in for a more current model when the man himself comes back...I haven't heard the controversy of cremation; the way I look at it, we are organic beings. I think our ashes would meld w/ the earth more quickly than a concrete tomb, and a steel casket. I do not see the problem w/ being fertilizer. However, it does make it more difficult to roll over in your grave when you lack a body and a grave for that matter.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger bonnie said...

Weird story! Glad you got to see Twilight. I know you read my review of it, kinda seems to be very similar to your thinking. But Edward - hot. Miss you. Happy thanksgiving to you guys.

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your story of McDonald's! I guess I did raise you right!

Love MOM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home