Why am I doing this?

Friday, November 28, 2008

OUCH!!

Wanna know what happens when you have some (ok, a lot) of extra weight on your body and then you run in broken down shoes? You hurt the outside of your foot - to the point you can hardly walk. I am trying to get in enough miles to complete the Jingle Bell run next weekend here in Columbia. I am up to running 40 minutes (I know - sad, esp. when I think of what kind of shape I was in a few years ago!) and did that yesterday. I knew I needed new shoes, but I was waiting till Christmas. Bad idea. My body revolted. New shoes are ordered. I just hope it heals by next Saturday!!

3 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks! I'm sure you are icing it and taking ibuprofen and what not, so I bet you'll make a quick recovery in time for your Jungle Bell Run debut in new shoes.

I'd say "see you there," but I have had no desire to run a race since October. :-)

K

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's the hypnosis story??!! You can't leave me hanging like this! :-)

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

Coming. I will do it in the morning. I shopped all day. Playing Santa is hard!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home