Why am I doing this?

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Pouring ice

So it is pouring ice at my house right now. Needless to say, I did not make the drive in to Jeff today. Jason did not even try to make it to Ashland. I think we could have made it there, but we would now be stuck!! I am not going to be stuck somewhere without my boys!!

So I am been noticing something lately. There are a lot of men in the world that are at their wives/girlfriend's beckon call. Jason calls it whipped. Call it what you want. I don't understand it. Maybe people think that is how the Ozenberger house works, but it does not. (I often wonder how women get this control - I would be willing to try it! lol) Jason and I have a good split with sharing the decision making. Just been thinking about it a lot lately and Jason and I have been talking about it a lot too.

One other thought - My Space. What is your opinion about a co-worker of the opposite sex posting on your page when you spouse does not know him/her?

4 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger bonnie said...

It is raining ice here as well - and finally I got a snow day, of course I was supposed to be at a symposium, so I already had a day off - but eh!
I don't know how that whole whippedness works either. I don't so much like it. The relationships I see myself wanting, always have a lot of independence in them. As to the myspace comment from the opposite sex - a person should never be a friend to someone they don't know. So, then that person would know them and there would be no question about who it is. If they are friends with people they don't know (I'd have to hear why) but then I would question their intentions.
miss you.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Suspended Animation said...

Who is commenting on your MySpace site perhaps you should introduce them to Jason? Are these icky comments?
As far as the whipped . . . Although I wish Kevin did everything I wanted and wanted everything I wanted -- actually that isn't true -- if he did I would go crazy. Actually I want a partner. Someone who stands beside me and battles the outside world with me. I want someone who is on my side regardless of whether I am right or wrong. I think I have that. :) Back to the whipped reference. Although we have not verbalized it we both have certain areas of our life where we are the "go to" person. If it is Kevin's area he usually is the final say and if it is my area then I usually get the final say. Sometimes it seems he gets a lot more final says than I, sometimes I'm sure he feels I get more final says. I kind of feel like this is an area where a woman cannot win. If she "allows" the man's decision to stand she appears weak and subserviant but if she makes the decision she is overbearing and her spouse is weak. Perhaps my husband is whipped and I didn't know it? I always get to choose which bathroom I clean first and what I want to fix for dinner. Ah yes Kevin is whipped!
I'm glad I could help clear this up for you and Jason. :)
Have a great weekend.
Karen

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

Well if that is the definition then Jason is whipped too! I think we deserve to make those decisions. Don't tell Jason, but I win more than I lead on that I win - shhhh!!

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Suspended Animation said...

Alicia:
We have to take our victories where we can find them. :)
I hope you have a great Monday.
Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home