Why am I doing this?

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Uneventful weekend?

So since I had such a good Dr appointment on Thursday, we decided I could ride in a car to hang out with some friends in St. Louis. Nothing stressful, just relaxing and BBQ. I sat around in Curt and Krista's house and then sat around some more. Jason rode and Krista and Sarah took Dillon for a walk so I could rest. (Thanks Ladies!) We had some really good brisket and potato salad.

Now let me tell you about the drive home. First off, we got on the road right before 8 pm which was later than we had planned. No big deal though. Dillon fell asleep 10 minutes into the drive. We got about 10 miles away and it started to rain and look stormy. I called Curt and he checked the radar - nothing much - some storms. Nothing to get excited about! Right? Wrong! We got to Wentzville and Jason pulled off to get gas and "rest" for a minute. Got gas, nothing calmed down, but we decided we could not sit at QT all night. So we forged ahead. We got 10-20 more miles down the road - driving about 30 MPH and all h-e-double hockey sticks broke loose. Jason could not see, cars were stopping on the highway, the car was being blown so hard we both thought it would tip over - IT WAS VERY SCARY. So here is the best part...Jason decided to pull over. He wanted to find an overpass, I lost it. I started crying. I was so scared I could no longer keep my composure. He got stopped and me calmed down and then Dillon woke up and got scared. We sat there for 5-10 minutes and it let up enough to go. We drove through a few more hairy spots and then it got a lot calmer. Needless to say, we made it home in one piece and we have never been more glad. I have never been through anything like that in my life. My husband is my hero and I am so glad he was with me and got us through that!!

So now it is back to relaxing and not chancing things! I learned my lesson!

2 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger bonnie said...

The storm part sounds awful. I'm glad you got out of town though - i'm sure you were ready for it..just not the ride home

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Krista said...

I am sooo sorry you got caught in the storm I hope that did not raise your blood pressure!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home