Why am I doing this?

Sunday, July 22, 2007

5K

Yes, I did it and yes, I suck! (He comes the excuse in the form of advice.) Never do a run on an empty stomach. Holy cow. I thought I was going to yammie. Kelly and I started and keep a great pace. I popped about 2 miles in and slugged in with my tail between my legs. Kelly, however, went ahead to finish with the time she was shooting for - CONGRATS to her! I posted a respectable time for my fat bottom. I earned what Kelly calls beer credits.

Krista and I took Dillon back to the Pirate pool. Krista took out some little kids on the slide - with Dillon in tow. Dillon got in trouble for going down the slide head first. It was priceless to see a teenage lifeguard trying to tell a two year old he couldn't do that!!! Silly girl!

We had some people over for an impromptu BBQ. It was fun!

Today was the grocery store and a nice easy walk. Sometimes I forget how much I enjoy a good walk. Allergies are killing Jason and me. Back to work tomorrow. My little guy turns two in one week. I will be in mourning all week!!

4 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger RockDoc said...

I would yammie if I ate before a run...potato potatto.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger bonnie said...

I'm proud of you for doing it!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Brady said...

I always yammie when I run. Always. It's a great way to shave a few pounds.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger kelly said...

Hey, you just rolled in one minute behind me! Pretty good for someone who was about to yammie. Was it the suggestion of "ribs and stuff" waiting for us at the finish line? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home